INSURANCE COMPANYS CHECKING ON WINDSHIELD ROCK CHIP REPAIR

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Vikingfann
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: INSURANCE COMPANYS CHECKING ON WINDSHIELD ROCK CHIP REPA

Post by Vikingfann »

All you can do after the impact point has been filled and cured is drill and fill each individual leg of the star. If it's a bulls-eye type chip, many times one drill and fill on the perimeter will complete the fill properly.

Jere
Attack-A-Crack Windshield Repair
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

I would try and connect as many legs as possible with a good pop with the slide hammer after drilling a shallow hole in hopefully the correct place. I have also had a lot of success on badly repaired bullseye breaks by heating them extremely hot, at this point the often re-open entirely.

Warning please do not do what I do without a lot of practise and also wear protective eye wear etc.
Mariagilbert
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Mariagilbert »

I think in most of the states, the insurance companies go ahead and waive the deductible for windshield repairs. If your car qualifies for a windshield repair, call your insurance company to find out if this is an option. Since windshield repair is less expensive to than to replace it, therefore many insurance companies go ahead and waive the deductible for windshield repairs.