new in michigan

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
jeff
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by jeff »

I have been looking into this business only for a couple of weeks now and have found this site to be extremely helpful! I have no experience at all in the industry and was wondering honestly how hard it is to pick up? I do have a lot of sales experience but not anything in the w/s industry. I was looking to start part time and am still trying trying to go through all the info. I have many questions but don't want to bore you with all of them, however ,I have looked at several diff. companies to buy the start up from and only seem to get more confused as the info comes in. I know you are all probabbly a little biased but what sets aside this product and their kits? I am trying to learn as much as possible and any input would be greatly appreciated. Also, what are the most desirable account targets for a part/timer looking to eventually go full time? I have no problem hitting the pavement at every spare minute. Also, since ins. pays for it how do you convince a fleet/dealer to go with you over someone else? You can't give them a better price can you? Thanks in advance,jeff
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

INS doesnt pay for the fleet dealer only the individual customer on thier personal car. price and service sells the fleet guy
desertstars

Post by desertstars »

Jeff.

There is no bias on this forum that I can see in re equipment preference.

Your main interest must involve service, support and follow-through from the supplier you eventually select.

The fact that you are perusing this forum should tell you something by itself.

You don't need experience in the w/s industry.

That will come assuming you read this forum religiously.

You WILL need experience and the dedication involved in order to take pride in your repairs and in order to be an asset rather than a liability to our business as opposed to an eight dollar Ace Hardware gluekit or car wash "technician's five minute repair.

That means training and practice, practice, practice.

But, you can get plenty of practice using one of the many windshields retrieved from a dumpster behind our competition.

That's another matter, though.

I strongly suggest you take the time to read some of the locked posts at the head of the forum and then decide if this is for you, Jeff.
jeff

Post by jeff »

I have read many of the posts on here and that is why I am asking questions. While, I did ask what the differences were in companies I, by no means, meant that as a bad thing. I am actually more impressed with the fact that you have this forum than any of the videos,broucheres etc.. from any company. It definitely tells more about how the company is in regards to being successful and wanting you to succeed. I am not trying to "get rich quick" merely trying to find something new and am willing to work hard at it. That is why I have been reading as many posts as possible from the people who have been out there doing it and learning a lot. I am happily surprised at the willingness of everybody to share their successes and failures. And, you are right, I have not seen anyone push certain equipment. I am just trying to get the most info. possible and I hope I did not offend.
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

Jeff,

Sounds like you have a very realistic approach to WSR. I purchased my Delta Kit nearly a year ago, whilst they were running the Entrepreneur Package Special (similar to the one they are presently running), and have no regrets.

My primary business demands most of my time, so WSR is an added "diversion" that is both profitable AND enjoyable. I just love seeing the look on a customer's face when they can't find the repair. Heck, I just had one cutomer try and accuse me of replacing his windshield \:D/ !

It was a cash job, small chip, quoted at $50.00, and he was sooooo pleased with the results, he just handed me a $100.00 bill and said "THANKS!" Of course, this was on a Porsche;)