Cooler Temp Repairs

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
h2oman
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Cooler Temp Repairs

Post by h2oman »

Ok so the weather outside is getting colder and before to long the temps will even be below freezing. How about some tips on the do's and dont's as we go into the change of seasons? :)
clearquest

Re: Cooler Temp Repairs

Post by clearquest »

By using the search function you can find lots of good info on that topic.
h2oman

Post by h2oman »

Not really sure what good the forum is if folks don't continue to discuss things. We all come across different issues from time to time from pricing to repairs of certain vehicles to the equipment we use. Things change in life daily in different ways in different parts of the country etc. I think it's obvious that many come in here to seek answers without feeling some what embarrassed to ask what may seem like a silly question to some. I personally check the forum daily to see if I can still learn something at my age. No one knows everything even though there are a few in each of our lives that think they do.
I can go lots of places and search for topics and see what others may have said in the past but, just in case someone else might be looking over our shoulder, wouldn't it be nice to offer some type of direction for them? In this forum?
Mr Bill
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Mr Bill »

clearquest wrote:By using the search function you can find lots of good info on that topic.
True, but some people don't mind sharing info that they have learned from their own personal experience.
Can you imagine going to school and every time you ask the teacher a question, he tells you to look it up in the textbook?
Pretty soon you would eliminate the teacher and just buy the book.
The same could be said for a forum.
A forum is an exchange of ideas.
If you don't want to exchange ideas, you have the option of remaining silent rather than just telling people to search the archives.
brent

Post by brent »

I think it would be great to have windshield repair wiki so that the questions will not get repeated.
Another newbie
screenman

Post by screenman »

I did not contribute as the UK does not get really cold, but boy does it get wet.

On the cooler days we get I always warm the screen using the cars heater, I also try my best to get the vehicle inside. I also still protect against unwanted UV.
clearquest

Post by clearquest »

I suggested using the search feature on this topic for the following reasons. It gets cold every year and there really isnt any new technological advances in how to do cold weather repairs. The search function is there as a very helpful way of gaining knowledge and is very useful. The topic of doing cold weather repairs is fairly cut and dried. It boils down to how you choose to prep the glass to bring it up to optimum working temperature.
t4k

Post by t4k »

Well said clearquest! I've been blasted in the past for recommending search function as well. It's a tool to be used by all especially on subjects that haven't changed.
clearquest

Post by clearquest »

The search function brings any user instant information on the topic of their choice. It captures a broad expanse of user input over the total forum period of time, not just who responds currently. To be criticized for recommending it's use is rather silly. Why sit around and wait for answers and ideas when it's all right there for your use?
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

clearquest wrote: To be criticized for recommending it's use is rather silly.
Well, we don't want to appear silly. Do we?
In future if someone has a question pertaining to Windshield Repair, I guess we should just look it up in the archives, or call for tech support.
Thank you.