Free VS. No-Cost

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Coitster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Coitster »

Whats funny is that people think that is the only way I get customers. Its not, its just the only one I share on the forum. There are a zillion ways to get customers. That paticular way is just really easy. :)
David
Coitster
Glass
txfirefighter

Post by txfirefighter »

Coister I think it is more like you hate 1/3 of the people , 1/3 of the people hate you and 1/3 dont give a damn
Scott Tyner

Post by Scott Tyner »

I haven't tried this particular word change on my coupon cards yet, but plan on it to compare the results.

I use these cards in addition to my 5-color business cards and they have worked extremely well for me. These cards are business card size and bright yellow in color. I have them printed with black ink.

I use a dashed border to give them a coupon look. The only wording is:

FREE WINDSHIELD REPAIR*
We Repair Rock Chips & Cracks
We Come To You (no extra charge)
CALL (phone number)
*Call For Details

Scott
Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair

Post by Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair »

All good points. my thinking on the "?"s is in my honesty I'm putting the question of "free" in my potential customners minds. Then the Delta Kits banner includes "ask for details"
I have not had any one stop and really expect a free job. Discussion is opened for their expectations, my work , quarantee and service.
Bill
Chips Away's 40' Monaco Exec. ,'05 Honda CR-V,
Channel 13 Graybeard
CrackedUp

Post by CrackedUp »

My opinion....it's not FREE and the insurance companies aren't real fond of it being promoted as FREE.
AutoEgo

Post by AutoEgo »

When's the last time you were stopped by a Nationwide Agent and brought to task over saying a repair is free with insurance. It just doesn't happen.

This is like everything you do in life, it is exactly what YOU make it to be! If you tell your client it's free to them and no cost to the insurance company either, well I'm pretty sure they are going to know you're full of it. I have not run across anyone in the last 2 months since I've had the graphics on the car that actually thought nobody was going to pay me for fixing their shield. I also have not come across anyone that questioned why I have Free on my Beetle. Market the way you are comfortable with marketing and all will be well.

Sean
Scott Tyner

Post by Scott Tyner »

Hi Sean,

Just a quick question. How's the Beetle working out? Do you have many graphics on it and do you think it has helped with getting attention and business?

I have thought seriously about getting a Beetle and having professional graphics put on it including my Logo.

Thanks,
Scott
mafsu

Post by mafsu »

Link to some pics of Sean's bug

http://www.bamasbest.com/windshield/cat ... a7e4551bd8

He took me for a ride in it a few weeks ago. In addition to being a nice looking car, it's pretty darn quick.
mafsu

Post by mafsu »

also check out the next page of pics for photo's of another bug.
Scott Tyner

Post by Scott Tyner »

Thanks Mafsu for the links. Great looking vehicles and very eye-catching, as well as professional looking.

Scott