9 led light from Canadian Tire

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
RHughes89
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

9 led light from Canadian Tire

Post by RHughes89 »

I was in my local Canadian Tire (similar to Harbour Freight perhaps) today to get some charcoal and I noticed a 9 led UV light on sale for $11.99 Cdn I figured I would try it out. It required 3 AAA batteries which were included.
Anyway I bought it and tried it out on my practice shield - it only managed to cure in a perfect pattern that matched the led light locations.

** So in short stick with the Delta issue uv light its far better!!
WinMan
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: 9 led light from Canadian Tire

Post by WinMan »

I was wondering if the delta kits version had something special to it. Seems it's designed better than that $12CAN version for certain.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

My LED DElta light brought when they first came out a few years back is still going very strong after thousands of repairs, not breaking that down say 1 cent per repair, and it is still going strong.

Buying the wrong LED light can like the one above cost $10 and not do one job.

There is UV and there is UV, not all are the same.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

Not sure which light they are using but beyond durability and dependability issues, most of the lights that use 9 LED diodes are run off of 3 AAA batteries rather than the larger lithium ion batteries. Between the diodes and the batteries there is a huge difference in the UV intensity output. Even using the exact same power source and similar housing construction there is a significant difference in the output of the LED diodes and the only way to really know how much output you are getting is to measure the intensity. There is no way to know how much UV light omitted by simply looking at the diode or how bright it appears to be.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.