Vehicle Lettering

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Steve

Post by Steve »

I've read several posts on vehicle lettering but haven't seen anything on the average number of repairs you could pick up per month from a professionaly lettered vehicle. Maybe everyone with a lettered vehicle could give a conservative estimate on the calls they get per month.
Zach's Glass

Vehicle Lettering

Post by Zach's Glass »

i was getting something to eat this morning while i was in side i noticed a man looking at my pickup he was writing the number down while i waited for my food, my cell phone rang it was the man in the parking lot wanting a crack fixed. i went out to look at his windshield sure enough he had a crack and yes i could fix it for him. 30 min later and $$$$ in hand i had just made enough money to paid for the lettering on my truck . it worth ever pennie. :D
CPR

veh lettering

Post by CPR »

I average 3-4 repairs a week off of my signs.
cure4glass

Tip of the Week

Post by cure4glass »

I also average at least two a week that I know of that comes off of my truck lettering.I've returned to the parking lot wherever my truck was parked on several ocassions and had notes with a number to call about a windshield repair job.It Works!
Mark

Vehicle Lettering

Post by Mark »

I had a note left on my PU yesterday. And when I was driving to SF on the 29th from Sacramento a guy was behind me. He called his wife with his cell, told her to write down my number and call me. We talked for 10 - 15 minutes and set an appt this next week when I get back. I told her she did not have to wait 12 days for me to get back, but after telling her how I run my biz and how I guarantee my work she said she would wait.

I have had 3 calls in one day with my lettering. I plan on changing it some when I get back. trial and error. I think I can get more work than I am so I want to tweak what I have on now.

I even had a CHP to talk to me because of it. Here is what really happened. I have plates from one state and a PH# with area code from CA, Well he wanted me to be sure I got my plates taken care of. No work, but also no ticket. :oops:

I also place biz cards in the window of my truck when I leave, just started doing that with my new cards, had a couple gone tonight. Now I do not know how much work I will get here in SF when I live 90 miles away, and do not want to make the drive anyway. However I want to get in the habit of leaving a card out for who ever comes by. will let you know how this works out over time.
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

Steve,

Rather than saving a few pennies and ordering my lettering online. I chose a local sign shop (independant) and forke up a whopping $85.00 to have my rear window lettered and have had several referrals from the shop since:)

I don't drive too far as Memphis drivers are absolutely nuts and my big old truck makes manuevering through crazy traffic somewhat precarious.

However, given my limited range, I average between 4 and 6 calls per week from my lettering alone. Out of those 4-6 calls, about 3/4ths of them are "replacement" calls (not everybody reads all of the lettering;), but I'll average 1 or 2 repair jobs per week from the lettering alone:)

I always have my kit with me and my wife knows that even if I am picking up some dinner, that if I can "snag" a repair, she'll just have to munch on some PB&J and wait an additional half hour before I return!

Other than the purchase of my Delta Kit, lettering my vehicle was the best WSR related investment to date!!!
optic-kleer

Post by optic-kleer »

Steve
I personally get around two to three calls per week. some weeks none at all, but just because you are not receiving calls does'nt mean that your vehicle graphics are not working. You are creating a brand and imprinting it on potential customers brains for the future. Future customers probably havent even chipped their windshields yet, but already know about you and when the damage occurs, they will remember and try and find you.
Someone once commented to me that I looked as if I meant business and I obviously was'nt a fly by nighter, so it also affords you credibility.
Do not hesitate, if you are serious about earning a living and creating a succesful business then get it done 100%, and get it done well. :D :D :D
Regards
Eric Howe
Optic-Kleer Limited
England
ACT 1

of course I'm interested!!!!!

Post by ACT 1 »

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE MAGNETIC SIGNS. CURRENTLY I DO NOT HAVE A VEHICLE TO DEDICATE TO THE WSR BUSINESS SO I AM THINKING THAT MAGNETIC SIGNS WILL HAVE TO BE A STARTING POINT.
optic-kleer

Post by optic-kleer »

Yes, they are fine as long as you don't want to drive faster than 15mph, go round corners or brake sharply!. But on the other hand, truck drivers really get to read them close up as they stick to the outside of their windshield as you overtake! :D :D :D .
Seriously though they work fine, just consider that by having permanent graphics on a future vehicle, your turnover will increase.
Regards
Eric Howe
Optic-Kleer Limited
England
mdhuckle
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by mdhuckle »

We just purchased magnetic signs for our multi-use vehicle. It only cost $50, plus we used a local guy and he promised to tell people about our service. (We always try to use other local family-owned businesses when purchasing, if possible.)

BTW--We specifically asked for material that won't melt in the Texas heat and ruin our paint job! Anyway, we were told we shouldn't have problems with the signs falling off if we make sure the area on the door and the sign is clean before applying it. So far, so good!

We haven't received any calls yet, as far as we know, but we notice people looking at the signs when we are out.

Sue Huckle
GlassLogic
Dripping Springs, TX