Help getting and keeping pit resin in drill hole.

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
New2chiprepair
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Help getting and keeping pit resin in drill hole.

Post by New2chiprepair »

I am having a hard time on keeping the pit resin in the drill hole when I start to scrape. I only drill when I need too so it's not a very common problem but whendo I have to drill I am left with a small pin hole left in the middle of the break after curing and scraping. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Help getting and keeping pit resin in drill hole.

Post by screenman »

Any chance of a picture, are you sure it is not an air bubble which is very common, often caused by holding the drill at the wrong angle and creating a hole the goes upwards instead of down.
New2chiprepair

Post by New2chiprepair »

screenman wrote:Any chance of a picture, are you sure it is not an air bubble which is very common, often caused by holding the drill at the wrong angle and creating a hole the goes upwards instead of down.
I took a picture but I am unsure how to attach it. I am using a mobile device. I believe it has to do with how I am drilling. I should be making small circles while I drill correct? In order to make the hole more of a" \/"shape rather than a " || " shape? I will try different drill methods and hopefully I will get to the bottom of this.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Are you using Delta Kits Pit resin? If so, the only thing I can think of is a hydrophobic coating on the glass. Are you testing for that? Do you know how to remove it?
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
New2chiprepair

Post by New2chiprepair »

Brent Deines wrote:Are you using Delta Kits Pit resin? If so, the only thing I can think of is a hydrophobic coating on the glass. Are you testing for that? Do you know how to remove it?
It is on some practice glass. Yes I am using delta kit and resin. There isn't a hydrophobic coating on it. I have been practicing drilling and using pit filler and now it doesn't happen to me anymore. Practice makes perfect.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Thanks for letting us know!
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.