Is Replacement Easy

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
aim glass

Is Replacement Easy

Post by aim glass »

Hello windsheild techs. I currently do repairs and was wondering if replacement can be self taught with manuals?
AGSS

Re: Is Replacement Easy

Post by AGSS »

I would say NO! there are soooo many different kinds of windshields, urethanes and I won't even get into rearview mirrors and rain sensors :eusa_wall pinchwelds, rust where to use primer, more important where not!

If you want to learn how to install, do yourself a favor, find a reputable installation company that will train you. Just like you wouldn't take someone elses life in your hands by attempting open heart surgery, dont do it either by learning from a book on someones restraint system . :)
aim glass

Re: Is Replacement Easy

Post by aim glass »

AGSS wrote:I would say NO! there are soooo many different kinds of windshields, urethanes and I won't even get into rearview mirrors and rain sensors :eusa_wall pinchwelds, rust where to use primer, more important where not!

If you want to learn how to install, do yourself a favor, find a reputable installation company that will train you. Just like you wouldn't take someone elses life in your hands by attempting open heart surgery, dont do it either by learning from a book on someones restraint system . :)
Thanks for the advise.