HLR jobs you thought would be easier than they were

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
Roo
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

HLR jobs you thought would be easier than they were

Post by Roo »

I thought maybe we could compile info so maybe other techs would have an idea on what to expect on certain vehicles and maybe adjust their price as needed.

Here's mine:

2004 Acura TL- not easy to mask off as there is not much room if any to slide your tape in between the paint and the headlight. I had to stop and remask 2-3 times in spots during this job because the tape kept coming up. The headlights are not as tall as most and it makes it appear to be an easy job but you have to tape around entire assembly because the hood does not go down over the top of headlights like on most cars.
Ricersux
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: HLR jobs you thought would be easier than they were

Post by Ricersux »

Porsche 996 twin-turbo.

These cars have a chrome "button" on the lens and it is close to the edge and very difficult to mask and polish around.

I posted a pic in another thread.
-Eric
CLEARVU INC.
Indianapolis, Indiana
WSRNewb

Re: HLR jobs you thought would be easier than they were

Post by WSRNewb »

Roock Porsche 911 Turbo. ....same little chrome button as mentioned before. not the worst thing in the world just a little more time consuming and patience involved, esp since the tape doesnt like to stick to the chrome too well.