Accepting Penske\'s credit card

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
WIN-1

Post by WIN-1 »

Anybody can have Penske as a fleet customer in your area by just asking for the business.
Easiest sale I ever made! One price for any windshield, unlimited # of repairs on each windshield.
Next thing I knew, he was giving me his credit card # and wanting my schedule. Danged pushy customers!! Throw the plastic at ya & holler
Get To Work!
Who made him Boss? #!@%!!!
OK, but just this once?:~D
So, who's got the best deal on taking credit cards? I heard that is the governments way , too.
Thanks
Ken
StarQuest

Post by StarQuest »

Ken,

You can run credit card charges through Quickbooks online merchant services for small business. I'm not sure what the rate is in Tesas but I believe it's around 1.8%. If you decide to not use Quickbooks and are in need of a credit card machine let me know. :wink:

Keith
desertstars

Post by desertstars »

Contact your bank business department.

If they don't have a setup, they will STEER you to one that does.

Compare rates.

We use BofA.
WIN-1

repair philosophy

Post by WIN-1 »

Thanks guys, I'll follow up on your suggestions
Ken
mepoozer

Post by mepoozer »

Hey starquest- I have been thinking about taking cards and have alot of companies calling me wanting to sell me their package type deal. Do you have to have that or do you have the equipment to hook it up? Thanks, Me
StarQuest

Post by StarQuest »

Mepoozer,

Most credit card processing companies will try to sell you their equipment.
Like Desertstars mentioned you'll need to shop around for the best deal. If you do use one of these companies ask them if they have refurbished equipment available. Save yourself 35-50%. Also be cautious, because some charge a monthly minimum fee up to $35 when you made no transactions. If you happen to set up a tent location you can even find units that will work through your cell phone for mobile swipes. I know of a few guys that use these and it works pretty well for them. CPR might find this useful when doing his truckstops.
CPR

Post by CPR »

Good idea for the truck stops, I am looking at the Quickbooks service plus the stops have WI FI service available which makes life easy. One more thing to consider is PayPal, wont work for you all the time but alot of people have an account and if there is a computer nearby your in business.
the big welshman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by the big welshman »

Regarding PENSKE I do a lot of work for them, I use the Dial up method it is very nice to get your money in your account in 48hrs ,The company I use is Merchant services 1-800-916-6264 ---.The dial up method is ---call a 1-800#-punch in your account # then punch in the credit card #--then date -punch in $ amount- and they give you a ref # When using the same amount ie 40-40- you have to hold off for twelve hours because the credit card will not take the same amount twice----Other types of Credit Cards are the VOYGER for the Goverment or US Mail they pay in about a week--- the big Welshman
thedentdude

Post by thedentdude »

Not sure if you found a company to accept credit cards, but the one I use allows you to use you cell phone to get authorization. It takes less than 2 min to process and it is convienent for us mobile techs.

Chargeamerica.com

No Affiliate Links Please. See TOS #12
Tony DiLorenzo
The Dent Dude
http://www.thedentdude.com
thedentdude

Unusual Repair

Post by thedentdude »

No matter how many times you try, affiliate links are STILL not allowed on this forum. Check your private message
Tony DiLorenzo
The Dent Dude
http://www.thedentdude.com