Question

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

Easter Dings

Post by Anonymous »

Hey Everyone,
Just a quick question. Is there a difference repairing a widshield installed in a vehicle or taken out? Is there a stand I could purchase to give it the installed feel?Thanks again.
Mike
Anonymous

Question

Post by Anonymous »

GlassKing,

There are slight differences. Obviously you don't have the body of the vehicle restricting your reach capabilities. This will allow you to cheat a little while practicing since you will be able to have hands on both sides of the glass from most points. Also there will be the ability to flex the glass more, since the windshield is not secure. However slightly that is, you will not want to flex the glass to much in or out of the vehicle. Some manipulation will be required depending on the break and you will acquire a feel for that over time. As for the glass stand, there are companies that sell them but you could easily design and build one from PVC tubing for your practice needs. Rather cheaply also. Practice is one of the biggest steps you can continually do to ensure your skill and success in the field.

Pay it foward,

Brian
www.safeglasstechnologies.com

[email]"info@safeglasstechnologies.com"[/email][/email]
Anonymous

Re: Question

Post by Anonymous »

I just wanted to thank you for the insight. It gave me a few ideas and now I know what to do. So, Thanks again.

Mike
Anonymous

Re: Question

Post by Anonymous »

I bought this windshield stand from Liquid Resins -- www.liquidresins.com/prod..._tools.htm --It's made out of pvc pipe and if you don't glue it together you can take it apart when you're not using it--easy to store. It has a couple suction cups on it to hold the windshield in place. Works great for me!