business

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

re:cold weather

Post by Anonymous »

I know there is not many people in this forum yet but I was wondering where you all get your income from? Mine is:

Wholesale 75%
Retail 25%
Anonymous

business

Post by Anonymous »

So Cal,

Our business breaks down as follows:

fleets - 70%
dealers - 20%
retail - 10%

I don't think wholesale is a good description - most of our fleets and dealers pay $50-55 per windshield while our retail price is $59.95, 15.00, 10.00.

Not really a lot of difference especially with no travel time when servicing large fleets that have 10-15 cars lined up waiting on repairs once, and a couple, twice a week.

Mike Burstein
Dominion Windshield Repair Inc
ChipDoctor.homestead.com
Anonymous

Re: business

Post by Anonymous »

95% retail, mobile windshield repair.

Keep it simple,

Rock Chip Rich
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

what about insurance companies, how do you classify that business? Are they too much trouble to deal with?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi Tracy,

85% of my retail repairs are submitted to insurance companies for payment. I have found that at least half of my retail clients are not aware of repairs being paid for by their insurance company. I have to ask if they would like to have their insurance company pay for the repair and how it works.

Keep it simple,

Rock Chip Rich
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Tracy,

Most of the retail work we do is COD.

If you clearly explain your payment terms when first talking to a customer, most of them can be convinced to pay you and seek reimbursement from their insurance company.

We seldom loose a retail job in spite of not billing insurance companies - it's all in the presentation.

Mike Burstein
Dominion Widshield Repair
ChipDoctor.homestead.com
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

In Portland Oregon I do the following:

95% fleets
4% people who work the the above fleet accounts
1% retail

There are more than a few ways to do it , I have just found fleets to be the best for me. Usually not as many people have solicited the accounts as you might think. It is very nice to have to go to a couple accounts a day and make your money without having to travel all over town doing individual deals with retail customers who expect to see absolutely no lines left when it is a star break. Fleet customers,as a whole, understand what a windshield repair will and will not look like.

whatever works good for you though ;)

Jeremiah's Windshield Repair
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Melee... what are you getting on price for fleet work?? I like your ideas on driving and the retail Insurance customer... What hours do you work to fix fleets? I imagine fleets are in the road most of the day, Just havent figured this one out yet...
Anonymous

fleets

Post by Anonymous »

30% search engines
25% networking
20% discussions (forums / e-mail groups)
15% opt-in e-mail marketing
10% Advertising Exchanges