Soliciting Customers With Full Coverage

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
Starblayze

Soliciting Customers With Full Coverage

Post by Starblayze »

Hey there, hope all is well ! :) Okay, I need to ask a question, and I do apologize in advance if I missed a topic about this subject.

We want to go solo and would like our business to be mostly through insurance companies. Customers with full coverage. I managed to pull a listing of all major and a good deal of minor insurance companies. I know this will probably sound silly, but I really want to know the best way to go about this. Do I need to call the insurance companies each individually (hope not, it's a BIG list) and ask them what I need to do or have in my possession to service their customers and get added to a list of 3rd party vendors they have, or can I preferably just call them with the agreeable solicited customer right there (incase they needed to talk to them) and all of the customers information to give them right there on the spot. Is that common practice? We really want to do it on a per customer basis.

My husband works at windshield repair now, but he is really getting shafted big time as far as "Big Boss gets THIS much and the rest get . <---that much". He is used to doing business for the company he works for at locations soliciting for his employer. I offered to try and find some information on that he could have a business of his own doing the same, but as he is mostly insurance now, I need to know how to go about getting started with insurance companies. Do I call them and set it up or can I just do on the spot? (sorry to of asked twice, but sometimes that's the only way I get it straight in my mind)

Thanks in advance and also, please be gentle. Like Sesame Street gentle.
Any answers will be much appreciated! Also, if you have any questions for me as I feel I might not of explained myself well, maybe with a question I can get more specific if need be.

I posted another topic, but didn't do it correctly, professionally, or informatively. I hope I got it right this time! Thanks again!

~Starblayze~
Starblayze

Re: Soliciting Customers With Full Coverage

Post by Starblayze »

Okay, me again....

I see there have been views on this topic. Hopefully they are from people who have the same roundabout question. I noticed I forgot to ask about networking. In order to do customers with full coverage insurance, do you absolutely have to be set up with a network like Lynx/Metryx? Sorry I forgot to ask about that. I am still fishing for answers, so please feel free to jot down a post!

Thanks in advance

~Starblayze~
Frank EU
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Frank EU »

Hi and welcome to the forum. Sometimes, the best way to be nice is to be saying nothing at all :D
If I may ask you,,,,,; where are you guys located?
Can we email one way or another?
t4k

Post by t4k »

Like Frank said welcome to the forum and good luck to you and yours. The only question I ask is, have you and your husband spent any time searching the forum for your insurance questions? There is a wealth of information here....you just need to dig a bit for it.

I have been blasted for being rude when I ask if you've done any research on your own but the questions you ask have been asked and answered hundreds of times before in this forum. If you guys are serious about this business, spend a little time at night and on weekends looking for the answers you desire and you will amazed at the additional information you will find along the way.

Good Luck!!
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

Well, with ''Sometimes, the best way to be nice is to be saying nothing at all' I intended to say the following...;
Just give it some more time, most times the replies will come.
Just realize yourself that you will ''score'', typically, depending the subject, a one in fifty hits/replies ratio.

I guess I was a bit laid back with my short reply, not rude or funny. Me bad. :D
Starblayze

Post by Starblayze »

Thank you both for your responses! And Frank, your comment was not taken in a bad light at all!! Matter of fact, it made me smile as it was funny at least to me :) Please do feel free to email me, that'd be great, and I appreciate the offer. You can get my email off of here right? If not, post and I will post it. Thanks again!

t4k thank you too! I've been surfin' like crazy, but I tend to put things in complicated silly crazy ways and get sidetracked. I do appreciate the post and I will keep looking!

I might be gone a few days, got a cold. It is trying to kick my butt and I am trying to kick it's butt, so I am tired. Lookin' for a K.O. on the stupid cold. :)

Thanks again, I really appreciate any answers, and thank you both! Oh and I am east coast. Sorry forgot to answer . I am a living walking bobblehead. I am really getting info on insurance from this site which is great by the way! Also been googling like it's going out of style.

~Starblayze~
WW973
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by WW973 »

Starblayze wrote:Hey there, hope all is well ! :) Okay, I need to ask a question, and I do apologize in advance if I missed a topic about this subject.

We want to go solo and would like our business to be mostly through insurance companies. Customers with full coverage. I managed to pull a listing of all major and a good deal of minor insurance companies. I know this will probably sound silly, but I really want to know the best way to go about this. Do I need to call the insurance companies each individually (hope not, it's a BIG list) and ask them what I need to do or have in my possession to service their customers and get added to a list of 3rd party vendors they have, or can I preferably just call them with the agreeable solicited customer right there (incase they needed to talk to them) and all of the customers information to give them right there on the spot. Is that common practice? We really want to do it on a per customer basis.

My husband works at windshield repair now, but he is really getting shafted big time as far as "Big Boss gets THIS much and the rest get . <---that much". He is used to doing business for the company he works for at locations soliciting for his employer. I offered to try and find some information on that he could have a business of his own doing the same, but as he is mostly insurance now, I need to know how to go about getting started with insurance companies. Do I call them and set it up or can I just do on the spot? (sorry to of asked twice, but sometimes that's the only way I get it straight in my mind)

Thanks in advance and also, please be gentle. Like Sesame Street gentle.
Any answers will be much appreciated! Also, if you have any questions for me as I feel I might not of explained myself well, maybe with a question I can get more specific if need be.

I posted another topic, but didn't do it correctly, professionally, or informatively. I hope I got it right this time! Thanks again!

~Starblayze~
Hello I suggest contacting act or quick fixx pm me if u need their details. u do have to pay for their services but i think its a good way to start
Jason Chan
Co-Owner, Windshield Wonder, LLC.
NJ, PA, NY, CT, DE
WW973
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by WW973 »

ooh yea and i have used both and still use one
Jason Chan
Co-Owner, Windshield Wonder, LLC.
NJ, PA, NY, CT, DE