Why choose Delta?

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
Dale

Why choose Delta?

Post by Dale »

Hello. I'm currently considering getting into the windshield repair business, and just discovered Delta. I've been doing a little research on other companies such as this one and was curious as to why Delta users would recommend Delta's products and training over similar companies. I want to start out with the very best, so any insight you could provide would be appreciated. Thank you.
Clarity Glass
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Why choose Delta?

Post by Clarity Glass »

injectors are easy to use, easy to clean, excellent customer service and support. Good people. I've not used other equipment in 7 years of business and not planning to switch anytime soon.
Roo

Post by Roo »

Same reasons as above...plus... I talked to a few other companies and just didn't get a good feeling. Chose to attend the Delta training and came home with a kit. I have used other tools 18 years ago but couldn't tell you what brand they were.

I know I can call Delta and get an answer or help anytime I need it. Although, I don't even need it that often. They also stand behind there products 100%, and have been in the industry for 26 years now! That says alot! Businesses don't make it that long by luck.

Talk to several people and see if they offer a money back guarantee, go visit them, go to training and make the choice that best fits you. Best of luck!
Dale

Post by Dale »

Thank you for your responses! I'm also weighing whether to strike out my own with some training and a kit, or go the franchise route. It's much less expensive to strike out on my own, but I wonder if being backed up by a franchise might be a better way to go. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

Well, if you haven't made up your mind yet, which is very basic but extremely important, why not seeking contact with a franchisor?
And ask the right questions?

Go to sgwr-dot-com and study what Superglass Windshield Repair has to say about what they will be offering.
Or go see the novus website novusglass-dot-com or visit glassdoctor-dot-com.
If you are strictly repair only, I would contact the first.

A franchise may indeed be a higher initial investment, but they offer a lot for that. Also: in my opinion, it is a sound investment. Being part of something just adds value. Just contact a few, it won't cost you anything but time, it will help you to make up your mind.
screenman

Post by screenman »

Novus were not much use to the franchisee's over here when they pulled out of the country a stuffed the whole network. Franchise equals higher operating costs, restrictive area, limited customers (see restrictive area) Running your own business or buying a job, being your own boss or still having one.

Yes I once owned franchises, would I do it again maybe, but certainly not in the WSR business for all the reasons above and more.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

I've met successful franchisees from all three companies Frank referenced, so I know they can work well for some people, and I think all three are good companies in their own right. I also owned a franchise but not in the windshield repair business. There are advantages and disadvantages. Like screenman, I got away from that business model, but I might do it again under the right circumstances. One thing that you get with most franchises is extended training, in business as well as in your craft. Another thing, and I think this is really important, is that since you have a larger investment, you will likely work harder to make sure you succeed. Most people can recover from a $1000 loss, but are not so quick to give up with an investment of 10 to 100 times that amount.

I'll share a couple of mistakes I made when I purchased my mobile tool franchise.

One mistake I made was that I went in under funded. Since your investment will be larger, make sure you have some extra money in the bank until you get things rolling. How much extra? All I can say is if you are really nervous about it you probably don't have enough.

Another mistake I made was that I only spoke to successful franchisees. I should have also spoken to unsuccessful franchisees and found out what the success ratio is. In my case it would not have changed the fact that I purchased a franchise, but it would have changed the company that I bought the franchise from.

Whether you purchase a franchise or not, it pays to do your homework.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Again, thanks for your answers! I've been in contact with Novus for several weeks, but would also like to check out the others. I hadn't heard of Superglass until today, so I'll check them out too. Thanks again!
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Why use a franchise?You can get everything that they can offer you for free!The one thing that they can't give you is the determination that this business takes.Five years ago I went with a franchise and I ended up taking them to court and I won.I now am very succeful in the w/s business no thanks to them.I will give you an example:there is a guy in cleveland,Ohio that google me and found me to get some advise about the franchise.I showed him how to do it on his own and now he is pulling 2 grand a week.That is just my 2 cents!
pickmaster60

Post by pickmaster60 »

I get solicited by numerous windshield repair companies and I have been told we have the same product as Delta Kits, I have been told that Delta Kits system doesn't measure up to ours, and I have been made a lot of promises. However, when I ask them to put it on paper and to show me some solid evidence its funny how I don't get an answer.

Why choose Delta? My sales rep answers emails and phone calls 7 days a week and it seems like he does it 24/7
Why choose Delta? I have called in to ask how does a tool works and I have been told how to use it. Then I was told give us 24 hours and we will have video on our website because someone else might have this same question.

PGW, Pilkington, and Mygrant stocks the product so that should tell you something. When I call into Delta Kits they make me feel like family, they joke with me, and they never try to up sell me.

To answer your question they have longevity in the industry, my sales rep of very knowledge of his products and all of his competitors, a proven product that is simple to use. Most all of honesty, sincerity, a decent price, and prompt assistance.