Learning fast about HLR

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
ray6
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Learning fast about HLR

Post by ray6 »

candyman wrote:You can use a piece of clear plastic, blue tarp or a large beach towel to cover the engine. I dry sand, but i spray the lens with water and wipe down. I've done over 300 HLRs and it only takes me a few minutes to wipe a car down after I finish sanding. I raely use anything to cover the engine. It depends on the vehicle and how well the owner has taken care of the vehicle. After I finish with the 3000 polishing pad, I remove all the tape and wipe the car down. I use prep spray to clean the lens , wipe dry. Then I apply the UV coating. Iam done with the vehicle and I tell the customer not to touch for 4 hours or wash for 24 hours.
You can also but kitchen wrap (saran wrap in bulk). Available on line and at restaurant supply stores. Small magnets also work, but make sure there are no sharp edges. I think it's 18 or 24" wide. Very cheap. Spray the fender with water and it will stick fine.